While a few of us enjoy a bit of an extended holiday, there is no rest for the weary here in Links Central at theV3H.com World Headquarters. The links gnomes wanted a week off, but luckily for you, I am a nasty taskmaster. Onwards!
The City of Port Moody is having a Pool Party on Sunday, and you’re all invited. It will be at Westhill Pool at 203 Westhill Place from 1-4pm. Admission is $2 and there will be activities, pool challenges, Gizmo the Clown, prizes and the Union Local will be BBQing for everyone. Now that the nice weather is here (hear that weather!!!), head out and enjoy.
With that nice weather (ahem), every Sunday this summer there will be food vendors at Rocky Point Park to complement the Boathouse/Pajo’s/Ice Cream triple threat. The offerings include…
- Gourment Hotties specializes in regular and speciality hot dogs, including crocodile, duck and wild game.
- Hotties Panzerotti is a mobile Italian pasta bar, complete with desserts and espresso.
- Old Country Pierogi has pierogies, schnitzel, and sausage potato pancakes on its menu.
- This Little Piggy serves up a variety of sandwiches, including pulled pork, steak & cheese, and Portuguese pork pitas.
As we mentioned in an earlier post, the Appleyard House on Clarke St. in Port Moody is on the move again. Now the word has come that it’s going to be happening tomorrow night, Friday July 6th. The move to Kyle St. starts at midnight and will finish up around 6am. So there will be road closures, or if you stumble out of the bar and notice a house is moving down the middle of St. Johns Street, don’t worry, it’s not just you.
- From June 1st to September 30th
- Even numbered addresses: Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday from 4am to 9am
- Odd numbered addresses: Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 4am to 9am
One hour of watering a week is sufficient to maintain a healthy lawn. If you have a healthy lawn to begin with, my backyard needs an intervention of some sort.
The restaurant review of the week comes to us from Robin Leung as he gets real fresh Japanese at Shyun Sushi Bar in Port Coquitlam.
Finally, the fireworks in Coquitlam may have come a day late, but make it they did. Courtesy YouTube user farhoush43, enjoy.