Here in Canada Culture Days kicks off today and lasts all weekend long. There are lots of local activities to check out. We’ve put together a small sampling.
Local Arts at Culture Days
- Canada Culture Day at the ACT – Celebrate The ACT’s 10th Anniversary on Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 1:00pm at The ACT in Maple Ridge. Participate in free arts program demos and workshops, and enjoy free entertainment, displays and cake.
- Port Moody Festival of the Arts – Events continue this weekend at various times and venues around Port Moody. Discover arts and culture at your doorstep.
- Sarah Hagen, piano and Megan Skidmore, soprano – Evergreen Cultural Centre is proud to host a free one-hour musical performance by acclaimed concert pianist Sarah Hagen with musical guest, soprano Megan Skidmore. Take it in at 3:00pm on Sunday, September 30, 2012.
- Art Market – Get up close and personal with local artists in this special outdoor Art Market at Leigh Square in Port Coquitlam. It’s happening on Saturday, September 29, 2012 from 1:00-4:30pm.
- Family Day at PdA – Gather up the family and celebrate! hen participate in three all-ages, drop-in style workshops and create your own masterpieces. It’s happening at Place des Arts in Coquitlam on Sunday, September 30, 2012 from 1:30-3:30pm.
Impromptu at Place des Arts
Speaking of Place des Arts, their Impromptu event is coming up on Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 7:00pm. This year the theme is a 1950′s Newfoundland kitchen party, and they’re inviting you to get a’board and raise a jar. Leave the gumboots and sou’westers at home, put on your best party dress or flannel shirt, and get ready to scuff the floor as you celebrate the life and death of Uncle Joey McCann. There will be Atlantic-inspired appies, live and silent auctions, raffle prizes and live impromptu entertainment. All proceeds benefit Place des Arts’ arts education programs.
Whether you’re setting off for Impromptu, heading out to the ACT, or shopping at the Art Market, there’s plenty happening in local arts and culture. Get out and experience it!